The Office of Data and Innovation (ODI) is looking for a Deputy Director of Service Innovation. You will lead our work on service and product innovation for the CalInnovate team. You will improve the service experience of state government programs. You will be a leading voice in changing how government creates, designs, and puts in place programs and services for the people who use them. You’ll work closely with the Deputy Director of User Research.
You will have a tremendous opportunity to transform how government serves Californians.
Location: ODI staff reside throughout California. The employee’s workstation is located in Sacramento, CA. Travel to the Sacramento headquarters may be required as needed. This position provides telework opportunities in accordance with agency telework policies. (Must currently reside in California)
Annual Salary: $153,756 – $172,200 based on experience and qualifications
Benefits: The state offers many benefits
Last day to apply: Open until filled
What you’ll do
You will manage a team of 14. They are service designers, content strategists, engineers, and more.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading and developing strategic direction for many cross-department initiatives
- Designing services to respond to the needs of Californians
- Overseeing the development of product roadmaps and implementations of digital products
- Consulting with state partners to identify systems-level change, opportunities for statewide policy changes, and shared services
We deliver better services to Californians through technology and design. We do so through close partnership with other state departments. Our goal is to create programs and products that are more equitable and effective. We listen to Californians who use a program now or may do so tomorrow and learn about what they need.
- Build tools and products
- Create and enhance digital services
- Conduct research
- Identify data solutions
- Offer training
We are a cross-discipline staff with blended backgrounds in:
Learn more about ODI’s vision and mission.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion at ODI
Diversity, equity, and inclusion help us deliver better government services to Californians.
- Fostering diversity inspires better ideas and more innovative thinking.
- Feeling included nurtures a shared sense of community. This drives us to take collective action on challenging problems.
- Prioritizing equity ensures we build solutions for people whose needs are often overlooked.
We acknowledge our history and present of implicit and structural injustice, bias, and discrimination. We see, hear, and accept each other and the lived experiences we bring to our work. We support each other in learning and developing so we can help all Californians thrive.
We understand this work is never done. That’s why we commit to constant improvement.