We’re pleased to re-introduce ourselves as the Office of Data & Innovation! We’re still ODI, just with more great people and a renewed focus on data.
This year’s state budget included a merger of:
- The Office of Digital Innovation (now CalInnovate)
- The CalData team, led by the state’s Chief Data Officer
- The Center for Government Excellence and Transformation (GET)
Our mission remains the same. We’re here to thoughtfully use human-centered design, technology, and data to deliver better services to Californians.
Bringing all these teams into one office will strengthen everyone. CalData knows how to empower data-driven decisions. CalInnovate helps state departments improve the design and delivery of services they provide. The GET Center pilots ways to improve state operations. Each fuels the other and by combining forces we can do even more great work for Californians.
What comes next
Here’s what we’re focusing on now that we’re the Office of Data & Innovation:
- Building and integrating our teams
- Reviewing applications for the Data & Innovation Fund
- Continuing work on our existing projects
We’re excited for the future! There’s lots of great work to do–and we need help to do it.
If you’d like to work on projects that matter, keep an eye on our Join us page. It’s where we post our open positions.