The Innovation Community of Practice connects state employees who want to try new ways of doing things. It spotlights and amplifies the innovation happening throughout the state.
The Community promotes:
- Sharing wins and lessons learned to inspire departments across the state
- Learning through networking, training, and self-service resources
- Enabling state staff to drive innovation and career advancement
The Community is open to all state employees. You don’t need to be a manager or a tech person to join. (After all, not all innovation involves technology.)
Attend a Teams meeting
Our quarterly meetings bring staff together from across the state. It’s an opportunity to collaborate with each other on innovation.
Meetings are a place for everyone to speak and share. We encourage conversation through activities like:
- Breakout rooms
- Digital whiteboards sessions
- Discussion in the meeting chat
- Time for questions
Each meeting includes a presentation about an innovation effort at a state department. Potential topics include:
- How a process got better
- Tools that made work easier
- Ways we served the public better
It’s a great way to hear about what’s going on across the state.
We’ll be announcing the date and time of our next meeting soon.
Read our newsletter
Community members get a quarterly newsletter. You’ll find out about:
- Innovation news from around the state
- Upcoming training
- Mentorship opportunities
- Innovation-related jobs on CalCareers
Connect on Teams
Community members get added to a Microsoft Teams channel. It’s a space to work and connect with other members any time you want.
Share your innovation
We want to hear how you’ve innovated! Your work could inspire another department.
Email InnovationCommunityofPractice@innovation.ca.gov if you’d like to share. You can present at a meeting or be featured in our newsletter.